7 September, 2008
So now that I am actually here, I can give you an update. The past two days have just been too long to find time on the internet to blog.
So here is an update. I am living with a lovely Russian babushka named “Lyudmila Sergeevna” who loves classical music. If this wasn’t enough to ensure a good relationship, she made me blini the first morning for breakfast.*bells ring* She also found the best room in the house for me-it is enormous with two windows, a high ceiling, more storage space than I have stuff, and my own TV. I don’t have that at home! J Also, since her apartment is right on the Volga, I have a lovely view of the river. This also consequently makes it easy to find my way home.
Yesterday, we had orientation in the university, as well as a brief tour of the important parts of the city. It is incredibly beautiful, but not at all what I was expecting. First of all, Russians wear A LOT of color. Some of the things they wear make me look tame. (Ok maybe that was an exaggeration) But still, color is everywhere. I have already decided to go shopping and get some shiny clothes (Everyone wears shiny, fashionable things I am super excited.) I already found a shiny bronze umbrella. Yay! When it rains, that will be so cool.
Hmm, what else? Today, I am going to church, and then more orientation and fun times.
I also got myself a Russian cell phone yesterday-which you can call me on, but I don’t think I can call out from. Shoot me an email for the number. (You may not be able to call it on a cell phone, but I am sure that with a landline it shouldn’t be a problem)
No comments:
Post a Comment