Каждый Отхотник Желает Знать Где Сидет Фазан
This is the Russian version of “ROYGBIV.” But it is sooo much cooler. The Russian version is an actual sentence, that means “Every Hunter Wants to Know Where the Pheasants Are.” How neat is that? There, a little cultural tidbit for you. Plus, it gave me a perfectly legitimate reason to write in Rainbow colors. J I also got to play on “Paint.” It is a bummer that I can’t put actual drawings on here; they would probably look a lot better than these computer documents. Still…

I had a really good day. It was cold, so I wore some very warm socks, bright tights and a skirt. And ribbons in my hair. I got a lot of strange looks –I am not sure that Russians are ready for my level of eccentricity. Oh well, at times neither is anyone else.
My music lesson yesterday went really well-it felt good to be actually playing again, not just “Playing” around. (Pun totally intended) And music teachers (at least the good ones) seem to be the same the world around- practice, practice, practice! Go first slowly for intonation, etc. The orchestra should start up in October. Yay!
Today, I had grammar and politics. And I was able to contribute in both classes! Yay for Russian! My politics class is really cool- we are talking about the political system in Russia, and how it works, and how it differs from the American one. We are going on a field trip on Friday to the local government seat- they are holding local elections in a little less than a month. And it was such a relief to actually understand what we were talking about. J
Have a great day!

I had a really good day. It was cold, so I wore some very warm socks, bright tights and a skirt. And ribbons in my hair. I got a lot of strange looks –I am not sure that Russians are ready for my level of eccentricity. Oh well, at times neither is anyone else.
My music lesson yesterday went really well-it felt good to be actually playing again, not just “Playing” around. (Pun totally intended) And music teachers (at least the good ones) seem to be the same the world around- practice, practice, practice! Go first slowly for intonation, etc. The orchestra should start up in October. Yay!
Today, I had grammar and politics. And I was able to contribute in both classes! Yay for Russian! My politics class is really cool- we are talking about the political system in Russia, and how it works, and how it differs from the American one. We are going on a field trip on Friday to the local government seat- they are holding local elections in a little less than a month. And it was such a relief to actually understand what we were talking about. J
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment