Monday, September 15, 2008

Mushroom Soup

13 September 2008

Today was a pretty good day. Shannon and I went on a boat ride on the Volga-it was really cold, but still a lot of fun. It was a beautiful view- a lot of churches and trees. We went all the way to the Tolga monastery, but didn’t leave the boat to see it. We then walked around a lot- a bit like tourists to be honest. But we did get to see a truly fabulous church-completely covered with beautiful paintings. It was incredibly beautiful. It was a lot of fun, walking around in the cold and talking. (Not too cold, just lots of wind) I took 60 pictures today.

Then my host mom made me Mushroom soup.
This should have been a sign for me- Mushrooms and I don’t get along that well. ( I haven’t eaten a dish made completely of mushrooms on purpose in a very long time) In her defense, she had no way of kowing my feelings- and mushrooms are concidered a bit of a treat in Russia. Ewwwwww. But I ate the whole thing without complaining a bit! It wasn’t even as bad as I thought. Still. (And later I told her that they are not my favorite, so I won't have to do that again.

Now I have once again paid the money for Wi-Fi, and nothing is happening. I can not win. It sucks. I will try on another computer.

No comments: