Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vistory!

12 September

Guess what I found today?
A viola teacher and an orchestra!!!!!!!!! Yay! And the lessons will only be 200 rubles (or so) a week! That looks like a lot, but in reality it is about 10 dollars. Completely do-able. The only time I got a better deal was when I got free lessons from W&L- but since tuition is so high the point seems moot.
Such a good day! I took a bazillion pictures, found a musical outlet, and even found 5 rubles on the street. Russian architechture is really cool-and Yaroslavl is so old that a lot of the buildings are really intricate and beautiful. They often film movies here-because there is still old architecture. Neat eh?

I am soooooo excited that I can almost overlook the 1 not-so-good thing that happened today. My pants ripped rather spectacularly-literally. One second I was taking a picture, the next I heard a dreadful RRRRRRrrrrIIIPping noise and felt a cold wind on my nether regions. This was 5 minutes before class started-so I had to suffer all day long. Mercifully, the enormous hole was not immediately visible to the world at large. Still, I knew it was there. I even asked my host mom if she could fix it-but no. The pants are unwearable now. :( I have to admit though, that it was pretty funny. At least it would be if it had happened to someone else-in fact had that been the case I would probably still be laughing.

1 comment:

LampLight said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I am glad that you figured out your technology woe's. I hope all continues to go well!! Much Love!!!
Be safe and God Bless!!!