Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Technology Hates Me.

9 September, 2008

By the time I actually get these posted the information will be old news I am afraid. First, I tried using an internet Café- unfortunately they didn’t have any headphones so I could hear but they could not hear me. So I thought, hey I brought a computer, I will just find somewhere with WiFi, and it will be all hunky dory. But there is something unpleasant living in my computer that exists to spite me. It is similar to a technologically savvy Peeves. SO, I had bars saying that I was connected to the internet, but when I tried to connect/ log on, no go. I thought I could circumvent the problem by going to another Internet café, and no such luck. Eventually, I will figure out a system however. I will! (Crosses fingers)
Also, there is a Russian proverb «Повторенние мать Учение» (Repetition is the mother of learning)

What else? Church was cool- it was a tiny service with about 15 people. We met in someone’s house I think. Since it was a Lutheran service, everything was in both German and Russian- Pretty Nifty. (Albeit a tad confusing)

Yesterday, we took placement tests to determine in which grammar, conversation, and written classes we belong. Since I still do not know how I did, I have no idea what my schedule will look like. I do know that I will be taking a Russian politics class, where we will learn about the Russian system, and maybe even get to visit the local seat. Should be interesting. I will keep you posted.

Oh! I went around Yaroslavl by myself yesterday- and I didn’t get lost! Yay! It was quite a heady feeling that “Hey, I know where I am and where I am going! I can do this!”
Well, off for another day in the Russian World.

No comments: