So I have figured out my technological Woes. Turns out I was going about it the wrong way. But now, all is hunky-dory. Yay! Communication!
I also figured out my schedule.
I made a really pretty visual one on Excell, but I can't figure out how to put that here. So here goes:
Monday: Russian Conversation (RC) 10:15-12:00
Tuesday: Grammar 10:15-12:00, Politics 2:00-3:30, Culture 3:30-5:00
Wednesday: Written Russian (WC -hee hee) 12:00-2:00, RC 2:00-3:00
Thursday: Grammar 12:00-2:00, Culture 2:00-3:00
Friday: WC 10:15-12:00, Politics 2:00-3:00
You will have to figure out what that means in your respective time zones yourselves.
What else? I went shopping the other day, to try and "Russify my wardrobe" a bit. There are a lot of really neat clothes here. But Russians tend to favor the slinky and sexy over the practical and comfortable. When I was looking for a blouse the lady kept trying to give me a smaller size, so it would fit more tightly. I had to keep telling her that I really did want to be my own size.
Also, Russian women tend to show as much skin as possible. I don't think that I will be assimilating THAT much. Still, it was kind of funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment