Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Слава Брюкам!

20 October 2008

(Praise be to Pants) I can’t even tell you how glad I am to be wearing pants right now. No seriously, this is big. The fact that it is rainy and muddy outside, or that I have a 20 page paper to write for politics are of minimal importance at moment, in fact they pale in significance to the pants.
Let me explain. Almost two weeks ago (ok, a week and a half) I took my laundry to the cleaners. My host mom HAS a washing machine, but for some unexplained reason we don’t use it. (Or at least I don’t. She might) Anyway, Katrina and I decided to go together, since this particular laundromat only accepts bundles of 5kgs or more. Together, we had at least 5kgs, probably closer to 10. So that was ok. What we didn’t realize is that, like many things in Russia, laundry takes a lot of time; a week and a half to be exact. So this whole time I have been wearing dresses. Now, usually I am not adverse to dresses (I have grown out of that stage) in fact I rather like them. I do NOT, however usually wear them for weeks at a time with out “pantsed” intervals. This is made even more difficult since autumn in Russia is very rainy, and very very muddy. So now while I am glad to see my shirts in their proper colors, the thing that truly brightened my day is the pants. Слава Брюкам!
PS- If you have never seen this website, please check it out:
http://www.esword.com
It is a free bible download site, and there are tons of possible versions. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Cheryl*Elaine said...

That's so cool. Where are you going to get it? Make sure it's somewhere with lots of muscle... it doesn't hurt as bad then. It's kinda cool. It hurts at first but then it kind of goes numb... I want another one, but I don't want to go crazy with it. I want to get my first child's footprint done with a rose, but that's not going to be for a while!

nanethlin said...

hahaha... pants.

I am in a similar "no laundry" situation at the moment... because I keep forgetting to do laundry.

I thought that you might enjoy reading through the library's renovation blog--it'll be all different when you come back!

http://bloggery.wlu.edu/renovation/

Cheryl*Elaine said...

Yes. God really was watching out for me that day. I was able to fix my keyboard good as new! Plus it was kind of fun getting to take it apart and clean it out...I'm a nerd. haha. Speaking of Laundry, I need to go do mine. I have to battle it out with the other ladies at the apartments. There are 6 washers and 4 dryers... it doesn't make any sense at all!