Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cursed appliance

Wizard's chess was a hoot! The second game was better than the first, because it was real chess, not some silly suicide chess.
I wish I could show you, the wonder and the glory, but my camera decided to wimp out on me.
Cursed appliance!

When a man's verses cannot be understood, nor a man's
good wit seconded with the forward child understanding, it
strikes a man more dead than a great reckoning in a little room.
Truly, I would the gods had made thee poetical.
As You Like It

Tomorrow, I am off to New York!
Why? You ask.
Well friend, I will tell you. In my Russian class, we are working with a famous Russian writer named Mikhail Shishkin. I think he has 20 (or so) books, not to mention several Russian literature prizes.He is a big deal in the Russian literary world. Anyway, we are working with him to write a book! That is right, an actual published book! The contents of the tome include the poetry of Russian poets that live here in America, as well as interviews with each poet. It is a lot of work, but also very interesting and cool. Tomorrow we are heading up to New York to meet our poets in person, and do some final interviewing/translation. I think we may go to the Museum of Modern Art as well. I am hoping to see a show or visit with my cousin Claire, but it is still a bit up in the air.

Must go get ready for the day...

3 comments:

LampLight said...

Your blog makes my blog look stupid. Have a blast in New York take pictures with a, well a working camera. Travel safely!

Alena said...

Have a blast in NY!! The book sounds so interesting - keep us appraised on the progress.

Rainbow Viking said...

Your blog is not stupid!
I like it!

I will make sure you are informed of my literary progress!