Sunday, November 4, 2007

Мы говорили по-русский

(We spoke Russian)

I am back from the Big Apple! Like that 1/2 an inchworm you found...

Things I learned/rediscovered while in that megalopolis;
  1. I don't like cities (At least not the big kind)
  2. Neither am I truly able to navigate them (Maps confuse me)
  3. If Cleanliness is next to Godliness, our hotel was in Purgatory (Or at least limbo)
  4. There is a place for excessively loud music: Outer space
  5. Modern Art can also fall into the above category
  6. Be careful when using the subway; there is now an orange unidentified stain on my coat
  7. If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all
It certainly was an interesting weekend. We drove down on Friday afternoon, and got lost about 4 times. We ended up getting into our seedy hotel ($250 a night, and we had to share a bathroom with the whole hall) around 10pm. The next day we went to MoMA, ie Most odious Museum of Annoying art. ( I have little to no use for modern art)
Then we went to Rockefeller Center, the murals and architecture are cool, even more so because they are so Soviet themed. That was cool. As was the dinner with the poets and other Russians.

Еда была прекрасная!
The food was absolutely amazing!




Today has been long, as we left NYC at 6:30 (Which translates into 5:30 because of Daylight Savings) and arrived back in dear sweet Lexington at 2pm

So glad to be back!!!
Especially since Aparajita made me lunch!

And then there was neglected homework!

No comments: