Friday, February 10, 2012

God Has A Dream

I am not going to pretend that everything is awesome right now. Real life is hard. And sometimes, it all but breaks your heart.

Which is why I was drawn to this book. My mom is preparing a Lenten study, and decided that this book would be helpful in preparing our hearts for Easter. Now that I am reading it myself, I can't agree more. Archbishop Desmond Tutu has been one of my heroes for a very long time. I heard him speak at JMU when I was still in college, and I was moved by his message of hope then, and it speaks to me again now. I am not going to paraphrase this book for you, you need to read it for yourself. Suffice it to say that he has a fun way of looking at the world, and many valuable insights.

I am not going to dwell on all that lies like a stone on my heart. This too shall pass.

Here is something that I hope makes you smile. I certainly did.

No comments: