
Woohoo! Fat Tuesday is here! Масленица! Mardi Gras! And if you are thinking to yourself, "Is she really wearing a mask and rainbow shirt to work?" The answer is "But of course!"
She is also wearing rainbow tights, but you can't see that here. You'll just have to take my word for it. I mean, other than Halloween, when else can you dress up like a crazy person and get away with it? Well I guess that depends on who you ask. While walking to work (in my bright green coat) some guy called out to me "What is it, St. Patrick's Day or something?" I told him that it was Mardi Gras, and he said "Mardi Gras? In Casper Wyoming??" I didn't feel like explaining that the day itself is worldwide. I'll just let him think that I am crazy. And if the boot fits...
Guess what else I have been up to! A bison Hunt! I shot a 1.25 yr old bull (with a single shot) while we were up in Billings! I also took a bite of the fresh liver, so I am a warrior now. The place where we went was super cool, check out the website here> The woman who runs it is part Lakota, and a visionary. She was pretty amazing, and I hope I will get to interact with her again. The whole thing was a really powerful experience.
The most exciting thing about today is NOT however the end of Carnival. The most exciting thing is actually that my mancandy is coming for a visit! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment