Hey there! I just got to somewhere with internet access (read Helsinki Finland) and I thought that I would catch you up on my doings...
17-19 January
We left Moscow (after walking around doing all the touristy things most of the day) via train. The trip started off well, chatting with the other people in our carriage, a nice guy named Maksim and an ENORMOUS diabetic old babushka. The trouble started when nap/sleep time came around. I have never in all my born days heard snores of ½ the capacity that woman produced. She sounded a bit like a dying dragon. Epic to say the least. Her snores never left us the whole 33hours we were on that train. When she was awake, it was nice talking to her though...
The second night (on the train) we hung out with some Russian sailors, who were traveling back to the fleet in Murmansk. They were a fun bunch, and we all had some super discussions. Some of the really drunk ones were very taken with me, and kept trying to get me to come visit them in their cabin. I was able to extricate myself when the train guards came and made them leave me alone.
After that, the adventure truly began. I will post more about it later. It deserves its own post...
No comments:
Post a Comment