Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quoth the Sausage, “Nevermore”

2 December 2008

So, right after I posted that last post, full of hope and happiness and poetry, disaster struck. I decided it would be just the thing to get a hot dog before heading back to class. *bad guy music starts playing* There are kiosks all over the place, and they make some very tasty lunching material; I eat there a lot. (Cheap, tasty, convenient) *tempo quickens* But somehow, today the stars were not in my favor. I thought all was well, smacked my lips after my tasty treat, and then didn’t think any more about it. Little did I know that THAT hot dog was death in a package. *crescendo of minor chords* Apparently, not all kiosks are strict about their food storage etiquette, and I had to leave politics early to come home and empty my guts of their contents. Not fun. *crashing refrain dwindles into sudden silence* Thankfully, I no longer have a temperature, and Lyudmila Sergeevna’s folk remedies (I have no idea what they are called, but one resembles hot berry juice smoothie- very tasty) seem to be calming the turbulent sea that is my stomach. So that is good. *wavering major theme begins* Also, Megan thinks that while I am by no means a happy camper, I don’t have Montezuma’s revenge or Delhi belly, and by tomorrow I should be fine. * faint harmony supplements melody* (I am trying to think of a Russian version of these sicknesses; Baba Yaga’s Special Treat? Lenin’s Lurgy? Stomach the Terrible? Please feel free to add your own versions…) Fun times. *fade* From now on, I think I will just eat at the cafeteria (Also cheap, tasty and convenient)

Tip of the Day: Don’t give in to Fear (hot dogs). Fear (hot dogs) leads to Anger (hot dogs); Anger (hot dogs) leads to Hatred (hot dogs) Hatred (hot dogs) leads to the Dark Side (hot dogs)

4 comments:

Alena said...

I know if I mulled it over long enough I would come up with an answer. How about "Romanov's Revenge"? Watch out for dubious food vendors and have a safe trip home. Good luck with the papers too. - Alena

nanethlin said...

I am going to show this post to Sarah Keckler.

Cheryl*Elaine said...

Aww. I'm sorry you got sick. That's a bummer. I had a hot dog for lunch today. hehe.

Yay for the true meaning of Christmas! Praise God!

LampLight said...

Hey! That does not sound soo good. For my friends birthday a bunch of us went to Sushi Garden here in Tucson, ya know 'cause we're so close to a fresh source of sea food, and two people got sick from their food. Luckily I was not one of them. But food sickness is the reason I no longer eat at taco bell....there is a taco johns on the air force base here, I eat there. =p LOVE YOU MUCH!!!!!!!