Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One week and counting...

My bag is packed and weighed. (Just 50 lbs! Слава!) My tickets are purchased and my passport/visa are finally here. All of my documents and such are in order.

So that should mean that I am ready right? I mean, everything is taken care of...

I just have to convince myself that it is real. That in one (1) tiny week I will be leaving the country. That I will be shunning my mother tongue in favor of the graceful, incomprehensible, varied tones of Russian.

I am a bit stunned by the idea to be honest.

Also, I just signed on to SKYPE, so you can call me while I am away!
It is a really neat program, check it out....

This is going to be so cool. And hard. I am going to need your support, and your prayers.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. "Psalm 19:14 (King James Version)

2The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."Exodus 15:2 (King James Version)

1 comment:

Alena said...

Good Luck Sarah! I know you'll have fun. Enjoy every experience that comes your way. Speaking from experience it is a little scary the first few days/weeks as you get used to new customs, food, people, etc. But soon you will will be a true Russian and come home wearing all black, Doc Martens, and speaking with an English accent. Oh wait, that was me. But you get my meaning.

We will be thinking of you sending our thoughts across the world to you. You are a strong, amazing woman and I am so proud of you for taking this huge step.