Thursday, August 28, 2008

Handy Russian Phrases

So, it just occurred to me that most of the people that will be trying to contact me in Russia don't have ANY Russian knowledge at all. Here are some "Handy Russian Phrases;"

Привет! Pree-vyet --> Hello! (Informal)
Да Dah--> Yes
Нет Nyet--> No
Пока! Pah-kah--> Bye! (Informal)
До свидания! Dos-vidanya--> Goodbye!

Как тебя зовут? Cock-Tibya-zovoot?--> What is your name?
Меня зовут... Мin-ya zovoot...--> My name is...
Как Дела? Cock Dilla?--> How are things?
Хорошо Harasho--> Good
Плохо Plohka--> Bad
Нормално Normalnah--> Alright

Очень приатно! Oh-chen pree-at-nah!--> What a pleasure (in response to introduction)

Где Унниверситет? Gdyeah Universitet?--> Where is the university?
Куда ты идёшь? Kooda ti id-iyo-sh?--> Where are you going (informal)?
Когда будет ужен? Cog-da Boo-dyet Oo-zhen?--> When will we have dinner?
Сколько стоит? Skoll-ka sto-eet?--> How much does it cost?
Я потерял/ась (ся)... Ya po-tear-yal-ahs (Sya) I am lost (feminine/masculine) (Also, if followed by noun means that the noun is lost)
Помоги-мне! Po-mo-gee menyeah!--> Help me! (informal)
Я тебя люблю Ya Tebya loobloo--> I love you
Слава Богу! Slah-vah Boh-goo!--> Praise be to God!
Я хочу пить Ya Hah-chu peet--> I am thirsty
Где Ванная? Gdyeah Vannaya--> Where is the bathroom?

What else do you think would be helpful? Just let me know, and I will post as many as I can...

1 comment:

LampLight said...

I think you have all the phrases that I suggested. Very good then! =)

Я тебя люблю

Ya Tebya loobloo