Monday, February 11, 2008

On a street corner

On a street corner, next to a lamppost

I held my boy close

And said this to him,

“I think that I love you,

And just so you know,

A smile is the brightest change of a face”

A little while later, next to the post office

I looked at your eyes,

And thought they were stars

“I think that I love you,

And just so you know,

A smile is the brightest change of a face”

We skipped around Main Street

And frolicked on 60

You seemed to think it was cold as can be.

“I think that I love you,

And just so you know,

A smile is the brightest change of a face”

Three corners later, snug in our shoes

A car rustling by

During that cat call I kissed you

“I know that I love you,

I have from the start

Your bright smile draws all over my heart.”

No comments: