What a glorious day!!
If
It would have been a day like this.
The sun has spread out her dress for dancing;
The wind has brought the bouquet.
Oi, Calloo! Oi, Callay!
Sylphs of airy and fluid motion
Are out a merrymaking,
And there are lovers lying in the hay.
The fountain doesn’t care,
Just continues humming
And the rocky-bamboo water spirals onward,
Down the stony basin.
On any other day, I would love to watch a fountain such as this,
Water frothing down the sides,
But the air is too brilliant, and
The sky beckons with its royal Topaz ring,
There is no time for distraction,
I feel as if I should like to sing,
Or dance, or anything really.
Oi, Calloo! Oi, Callay!
Today I am a Maenad,
Or a Mermaid, or a Queen.
Vivaldi plays continually in my brain.
Such a perfect, glorious day!
No comments:
Post a Comment