Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Graduations, Musings and Mutterings

Soren's Graduation! Also one of my favorite pictures of my family.
Finally, my little brother... I mean my younger brother is a high school graduate! We had a really good time together this weekend. Probably the most fun we have had in 10 years.  He is going to be a shotgun instructor this summer and then starts university this fall. It was so nice to be at home, I almost didn't want to leave.  I probably won't be spending much time at that house from now on. Yes, I will still use it as a base camp in between my summer jobs and NOLS, and potentially a bit after that. But from now on, I hope to find a job that not only pays money, but allows me to pursue further ambitions.

Soren's graduation has thrown into sharp relief the upcoming leave taking from Wolf Ridge. I feel more connected here than I ever have to any of the other places I have lived/worked. I feel that it can not be only 10 months, and yet I have learned so much that it must have been. I can't wait to spread the wings that I have fledged here.

No comments: