I had the great fortune in my graduate class on Friday to watch the following 20 minute TED talk. It is absolutely worth your time. Unlike some environmental or scientific campaigns, this will inspire as opposed to depress.
BIOMIMICRY!!!!!!! Isn't Nature Neat???
Here is the neat website she talks about:
Spring is trying really hard to come to the North Woods, but so far it is a struggle. We got over 20" of snow in the past week! I taught a snowshoeing class! I am used to there being snow on my birthday, but this is a little more extreme than even I expected. NO complaints here though. I love Winter. Yesterday I went Skiing near Grand Marais! IT was a lovely Sunny winter adventure!
| Jill, Tessa, Sarah |
| Creatures in the Snow! |
| Gathering Birchbark for crafts |
In other news, I realized this morning that I have only 6 weeks left here at Wolf Ridge. Hard to imagine that seven months have flown by. I have learned a great deal about myself as an educator, a learner, and a lastly as a proponent of experiential and environmental education.
I plan to continue my educational journey this fall by taking a NOLS course. It is called "Semester for the Outdoor Educator." For 92 days I will be hanging out with other professional Outdoor Educators, while backpacking in the Canyonlands, Rock Climbing, Back-country Skiing, and taking the Wilderness First Responder certification. The only time I have been as excited about a program is when I found out about Wolf Ridge. This will give me the opportunity to refine my leadership and outdoor skills. NOLS is the very best in the business at what they do. I think it will help me be a competitive job seeker in the Outdoor/Environmental field. Hopefully, I will be able to update this blog about my adventures once I am there!
No comments:
Post a Comment