Monday, August 27, 2012

Whirlwind to Wolf Ridge

What a crazy summer!
After my last post of substance I: Canoed. A lot. Both at Turtle River Lake, and in the Boundary Waters for 9 days. While I was there I also experienced many portages, mostly through an impressive amount of mud. We saw baby loons, shooting stars, baby eagles, and even a bear! It was a truly amazing learning experience and I hope that I can continue to build upon the knowledge I gained both of French and leadership.
Once my credit kiddos left I had the distinct pleasure to spend a weekend with my favorite mountain pirate. WE saw Bob Dylan in concert, which is certainly something to say. However, I think someone should let Mr. Dylan know that it is really ok to give up the ghost. (He can't really sing any more)

After that I appeared on PBS! Here is a link : (Look for French Documentary)

NOW, I am finally in the place I shall call my home for the next 10 months. Kind of hard to imagine, but I will actually be staying put for longer than I have in years. I am already very much in love with Wolf Ridge. This morning my colleagues and I got up at 5 to go on a dawn hike. We watched the sun rise in resplendent glory over Lake Superior. We then all made a delicious breakfast together, turned cartwheels and laughed. This is going to be a magical year. To prove it, I gave each one of my fellow Graduate Naturalists a small Dragon totem, to remind us all of the magic.

Be prepared to fail gloriously. 

No comments: