So yesterday I had the great opportunity to learn about Birds! I learned many interesting things, not the least of which is that YOU can have an incredible impact on bird migration. In the past decade there has been a 25% decline in the song bird population in Northern America. That is a scary number.
Really, you say, tell me more!
Gladly friends, gladly.
Buy "Shade Grown Coffee." Its that easy.
This means that the farmers in South America do not level a forest to create a coffee field. The coffee plants are grown at the base of trees, in the shade. This means that the coffee takes longer to mature, but allows the flavor to become richer, while retaining important habitat and food for migrating birds. Pretty sweet.
Today I took a small mammals class- and we set live traps to see if we can find some other inhabitants of Wolf Ridge.
I hope you have a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment