23 May, 2009
In 2 hours, I will hop on a bus and leave Yaroslavl. This is the last time, and I can't tell if I am elated or a bit sad. It seems fitting either way that all day it has been raining steadily.
I am definitely excited about:
Washing my clothes in a washing machine ( I am tired of pretending that a bathtub is an acceptable manner of doing this)
Being able to use the interent whenever I feel the need
Not being forced to use complicated, illogical Russian systems
Locking my door with one key as opposed to seven
Speaking English, and not feeling guilty
UNderstanding clothing sizes
Eating a meal of my choice, WITHOUT MAYONAISE!!!!!
Not haveing to avoid disgustingly drunk men on the street
Seeing my famlly
Taco Bell
Working at Lesnoe Ozero
Church
The list goes on and on...
There are also things that I will miss.
Pierozhki (Tasty pastries for 10 rubles a piece)
The Russian phone system (it makes a lot more sense than ours, which I find shocking)
Russian Ice Cream
Food in general
All the cool people I have met. Through them, I have truly experieinced the Russian culture. Which, while intensely aggravating at times, is still very interesting and varied.
I had better go get ready for Greece! Have a great day!! Hope to see you all soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment