Today was a lovely day. We celebrated Rogation Sunday in Church, which is an ancient tradition of the church to not only give thanks to the lord for his bounty, but also to bless the soil and crops to ensure a bountiful harvest for the coming year. We had a short blessing in the courtyard, where Father Tom blessed some soil for gardens, and our new recycling bins. It was really neat. His homily was about we are made in God's image, so that we should care for his creation as he did, with the same love; that is why he gave us dominion over the earth. Dominion doesn't mean that we can do whatever the heck we want to, it means we are charged to rule and provide for the Earth, and take responsibility for it.Also, I played my viola in church today it was super. I am going to play again next Sunday, "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" Fun times.
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:
TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.
Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood[c] every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”
Acts 17; 22-31
Isn't that neat?
I like what it says.
Guess what else is new? I am 20 as of this past Thursday! We went to see a Shakespeare play, The Taming of the Shrew. Fun times.
Check this out!
Have a wonderful day!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sarah! You are no longer a rotten teenager - woo hoo.
Beautiful pics of Antigua - looks like you had a wonderful time and I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.
Post a Comment