Friday, March 7, 2008

Yaroslavl and Such


Greetings!
Guess what???!!! I won't be going to Irkutsk next year, I will instead be going to Yaroslavl!
This means that I will be much closer to civilization, and probably have more of an opportunity to keep you informed of my doings!
I am kind of excited, and relieved. Irkutsk is so very, remote. In this picture, it would be a little bit below the "I" in Russia. That makes it about 5-6 hours (by plane) from Moscow. Yikes.

Here is the link to the Middlebury Website regarding Yaroslavl:
http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/sa/russia/program/yaroslavl_program.htm

Other news, tomorrow is Fancy Dress! (Our version of prom) I am really excited! The theme is 'Through the Looking Glass" this year, which I think should be neat.
Also, I just went to the annual "Chili Cookoff" that supports "Make a Wish." I made my "White Chili" -which was a big hit. The event itself was a lot of fun, there were 17 teams! My personal favorite had dark chocolate and steak in it. Heavenly!

Have a marvelous day!

No comments: