Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Day in the Neighborhood

What tellest thou me of black and blue? I was beaten myself into all the colours of the rainbow; and I was like to be apprehended for the witch of Brentford: but that my admirable dexterity of wit, my counterfeiting the action of an old woman, delivered me, the knave constable had set me i' the stocks, i' the common stocks, for a witch. -Falstaff, The Merry Wives of Windsor

At the risk of sounding annoyed, I am writing a post today. I just went to get my picture taken for the yearbook. Now, as it may be apparent, I am immensely fond of craziness and color, and I like to reflect those loves in my dress. So I took pains this morning to look vey snazzy. When I got to the picture place however, they insisted that I wear this blah black drape thing, because everyone has to wear them. Why is it necessary to all look the same???? Part of what makes us interesting is our ability to stand out? This school focuses too much on superficiality as it is!

On another note, I do get to go to Wilderness Leadership soon, and we are going hiking. So it is not a total loss. I also had eclairs for lunch, a bonus.
More news of a happier nature to follow.

1 comment:

nanethlin said...

Yeah, the drapes are optional... so your photographer must've been stupid.

Mine liked to touch my hair a lot. D: