Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ordained!

Remember how we all used to joke about free certifications you could get on the internet?

If you didn't, I did.

And now, in a strange turn of events, I am now an ordained minister, and able to perform marriages. A good friend of mine is getting married in December, and she wanted me to be the officiant, as opposed to the Maid of Honor. So, according to "American Marriage Ministries" I am now a minister. Seminary was not necessary, just a internet connection, and a click. When I dreamed about the priesthood as a child somehow I envisioned my ordination much different. But here we are.

You know what this means, right?
I am TOTALLY in charge of this ceremony, and I know just what to say.
I have been hoping for an opportunity to use this speech since I first understood that marriages can happen. I am so excited.

Don't worry, there will also be more traditional aspects to this wedding as well.
I mean, I haven't completely ruled out dinosaurs or silly songs yet either, but I am taking this duty seriously.

No comments: