Saturday, June 9, 2012

Camp begins apace!

Let me explain... No, there is too much. Let me sum up:

The rest of my stay in Canada was a lot of fun. Not terribly exciting in terms of activities, but restful, and snuggly, and just lovely. Any time spent with my man is bound to be a good time. I went on a self guided tour of the Manitoba legislature, which was interesting. Sadly since it was self guided I am sure I missed some really interesting bits of trivia and such about the building, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. They even invited me to watch the parliament session! I did not end up doing so, but I was pleased that they offered. I also found a Ukrainian store, several painted bears, and a children's museum that doesn't allow adults unaccompanied by children. Winnipeg was a fun city, and I am glad I got to explore it. Sometime, remind me to post some of my other pictures.


Sonya wanted a lemur. Reminded me
Of Zaboomafu
Tomorrow signifies our last day of "training" and orientation before campers arrive. I have really enjoyed hanging out with the counselors so far, and I am very excited for the summer to get underway.  I have been painting quite a bit today. We all wear name-tags "Tablichkas" at all the Language Villages, and several of my co workers have asked me to paint theirs for them. Here are some pictures!
Sarochka (That's Me!)

Dmitrii-don

No comments: