Friday, April 13, 2012

Summer is around the corner

I keep thinking that I should post more to this. In fact I get all the way to my site, and then realize that nothing really exciting or interesting has happened since last I posted. I am still SUPER excited about Graduate School, and am beginning to wrap my mind around leaving in a month.

I am leaving so early because I am going to be working at the Concordia Language Villages once again. This year, I will be working with Lesnoe Ozero in a new and exciting capacity! AS per usual, no one seems to be entirely sure what all this entails. My job description (and work dates) have already changed about four times. But as for now, I am going to be a lifeguard, part time credit teacher, full time russian enthusiast, and I am not entirely sure how, but also a StarTalk liason. Which means I will not only be able to participate in all the fun things that are camp, but also will be able to participate in the interesting classes offered through the program. They are even giving me graduate credit for the affair! Should be sweet. I'll let you know as I know more.

I am also planning on working at Les Voyageurs once again. "C'est la seule vie qui me plait" The life in the forest is truly the one that makes everything click in my head. It was at this camp that I discovered my passion for learning in the outdoors, that led me down the path to becoming a graduate naturalist. I have taken a very sad 5 year hiatus from this camp, and nothing would make me happier than to return. OK, maybe somethings would make me happier. Like having my mountain pirate join me.

Want to see some things I have created? Check out my album!


No comments: