Monday, December 12, 2011

Thank You Evening Star!

So after a long sojourn (mostly because I forgot about my blog) I am back!
Both at home, and on this silly thing.

Teton Science Schools was amazing. I loved that whole experience. It inspired me to apply for graduate school at a program called Wolf Ridge, associated with the University of Minnesota Duluth. I'd be studying education more in depth, and hopefully get a Masters in Outdoor Education.Fingers crossed about that!

News!
I have a job! I am currently working at Toy Town, a local toy store. Its fun! I get to play with toys sometimes, but mostly I am just trying to keep up with the deluge of people needing help finding the perfect toy. (And yes, that is just as exhausting as you think it might be) Originally, I was only hired on as a temporary help for the Holidays, but as of Friday they gave me a key to the store! After 11 days, I think that is an accomplishment in trust! Also, I just had an interview about life-guarding at the YMCA. I had to turn down three other positions. It is amazing to me that I went from being completely unemployed to having too many options in so short a space of time. So, like Charlotte LeBoeuf, I must say "Thank you Evening Star!"

Now, I think I may pass out. Toystores near Christmas time are fun places to be, but very busy.

No comments: