Things at this internship are going very well! Hard to imagine I have been here almost two months.
So now dear reader, I need some help in a decision.
I have discovered through this internship that I truly love teaching. I guess I knew this before, but now I am finally admitting it to myself.
I have will have two AmeriCorps Education Awards available to me after this internship, totaling 7000$ or so. I need to decide how to best use this money.
Door Number 1: Use the money to take at least one NOLS course. I've been wanting to do this since I was five, and my cousin took on of their Wind River Courses.
In a perfect world, I would love to work for NOLS, and maybe even someday start up a program to take NOLS to Russia.
If you are unfamiliar, this is NOLS
Door Number 2: Use the money as seed money to go to graduate school, and get my Masters in Environmental Education. I recently discovered an awesome program in Finland, MN. IT is very similar to Teton Science Schools, but cheaper. And well renowned.
Oh, and they talk about Les Voyageurs a lot.
What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment