Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting into the swing

Greetings!
This past week has been a real eye opener! I was out in the field working with an instructor with two different groups. "ROAD" scholars (50 yrs plus) and a group of 4th graders from a reservation in Montana. Needless to say it was a bit challenging to go between the two. Very different attention spans.
We saw some of these one day and spent another studying these. They are called macro-invertebrates, and can help determine stream health! Way cool!

It was an awesome learning experience! But man was I tired come Friday!



Above is a dramatic representation of one of my other experiences this past week. Because one of our groups at the last minute informed us that they were bringing 20 extra people, some rooms had to get shuffled around, and I ended up with a roommate. Now, let me preface this by saying that I have no problem whatsoever with sharing my room. I fully expected that to be the case from the beginning. However, the girl with whom I shared my room this past week was one of the most incredible slobs I have ever met. I have never seen such an explosion of clothes and grime in one week. Especially in our bathroom. She must sword fight with her toothpaste- because it was EVERYWHERE. Or maybe she was trying out some new age art forms. I don't know, but I am glad that the room is now clean.

Next week I will be planning a service project with 7th graders! Building trails!
Stay tuned!

No comments: