12 April 2009
Happy Easter to you! Hallelujah! He is Risen! Russian Orthodox Easter isn’t until next week, but I know that for you, it is the day we celebrate the glorious resurrection of our Lord and Savior! I can’t wait to see how Russians celebrate Easter; I am told that it is a pretty big deal, a real spectacle. My friend Sasha has promised to take me with her to church. I will make sure to keep you informed!
Spring is FINALLY coming to Yaroslavl! It too has risen from the dead! I walked around all day with a light jacket and tennis shoes, just soaking up the sun. Bliss indeed! There is hardly any snow left, and the ice is becoming a muddy memory. Maybe sometime soon there will be none at all! And green grass! I’ve almost forgotten what that looks like. It has been soo long.
I have started going to aerobics classes twice a week. It’s really interesting, as well as good for my waistline. I am not only reviewing my body parts in Russian, but I also get to see the different exercises that are common here. I never would have thought of half of these exercises, but they are just as effective as those that I am used to. I went swimming today, first time in a while; it felt so good to be finally in the water again. Now if only Lyudmila Sergeevna would just stop making such enormous tasty meals, I might actually see some progress! Oh well.
Praise Jehovah; for it is good to sing praises to our God; for praise is delightful and becoming. Jehovah builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
He heals the broken-hearted, and binds up their wounds. He appoints the number of the stars; He calls them all by their names. Great is our LORD, and of great power; There is no limit to His understanding. Jehovah lifts up the meek; He throws the wicked down to the ground. Sing to Jehovah with thanksgiving; sing praise on the harp to our God, who covers the heavens with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth, who makes grass to grow on the mountains. He gives the beasts their food, and to the young ravens which cry.
He delights not in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
Jehovah takes pleasure in those who fear Him, who hope in His mercy.
Praise Jehovah, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion.
For He has made the bars of your gates strong; He has blessed your sons within you.
He makes peace in your borders and fills you with the finest of the wheat.
He sends forth His Commandment on earth; His Word runs very swiftly.
He gives snow like wool; He scatters the hoarfrost like ashes.
He casts forth His ice like crumbs; who can stand before His cold?
He sends out His Word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
He shows His Word to Jacob, His Precepts and His judgments to Israel.
He has not done so with any nation; and they have not known His judgments. Praise Jehovah!
(Psalm 147)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, It's You're birthday (Well not today but tomorrow!!!! ) I love you and I miss you and I can not wait to see you!
So how old is your brother now? =p
Man I really do miss you. I am soo glad that you're getting to do all these wonderful things and enjoy new experiences.
You are truly one of my greatest friends not because we are so close physically but because our friendship has been able to endure separation and yet still be very strong and honest.
I appreciate you as an individual and thank you for introducing me to your wonderful rainbow of color not only in your wardrobe but in your personality.
I don't want to say 'don't change' because if you don't change you won't grow. So change, but always know who you are!
God Bless You
Love,
Rachelle
Post a Comment